Date: 8-22 October 2017
Mission duration: 2 weeks
- Christiane Heinicke, PhD – (Germany) Commander
- Matt Harasymczuk – (Poland) XO – Executive Officer | Biosystems Engineer
- Lucie Poulet, PhD candidate – (France) Chief Engineer
- Zuzanna Sobiak, MD – (Poland) Chief Medical Officer
- Marcin Kaczmarzyk, PhD candidate – (Poland) Structural Material Scientist
- Szczepan Rubczyński – (Poland) Chief Safety Officer
ESA ESTEC and Ventriculus Medical Center
Mission control crew:
- Malgorzata Perycz, PhD – Flight Director
- Aleksander Wasniowski, PhD MD – Flight Surgeon
- Agata Kolodziejczyk, PhD (ESA Advanced Concepts Team) – Science Data Office
- Matt Harasymczuk (ESA, decased Astronaut, now helping MCC)
- Lucie Davidova (psychologist)
- Wojciech Jarosz (biomedical engineer)
The main objective of this analog mission is to test how a person with disability functions in a daily life in analog mission environment, to develop procedures that would be equally valid for astronauts with and without disabilities, and to test solutions serving people with disabilities in space. The second objective of the mission is to perform chronobiological studies and subjective time perception experiment.
Read more about scientific objectives and experiments conducted during the mission.
- European Space Agency – ESTEC (European Space Research and Technology Center) and Agata Kołodziejczyk, Ph.D.
- “Ventriculus” Medical Center
- Open Science Foundation
- Tactical Forces 13
Aleksander Wasniowski (MD) and Laboratory of Extreme Medicine (LEM) – Poznan University of Medical Sciences.
Photos from the mission start