Mission Campaign 2023
Each mission in 2023 is a unique research scope and scenario.More info after application and interview.
Theia I and II
Analog Mission Simulations focused on development of EVA procedures and accessories for geological and operational aspects of spacewalks. Detailed scenarios of spacewalks and a list of accessories to design and 3d-print during isolation mission at LunAres Research Station will be unique research and learning opportunity for Theia participants.
Hestia I and II
Analog Mission Simulations focused on development of Extreme Isolation Habitat located inside EVA hangar. Creation of safe living environment during EVA simulations is aimed at boosting potential for ICE research at LunAres Research Station. Each crew will have opportunity to help designing, building and testing new shelter and participate in unique studies during testing of the new environment.
Analog Mission Simulation focused on tests of new workout equipment, training routines and crew medical examinations. Crew will also help in testing new ways of monitoring vitals of analog astronauts inside the LunAres Research Station as well as during simulated spacewalks.
- isolation missions are 19 days long (4 days of pre-flight, 14 days of isolation, 1 day of post-flight)
- all research conducted on crews are first accepted by our partner’s bioethics committee - ask us for your research approval of the bioethics committee by Research Proposal Form
- participation costs 2200 euro per crew member (check the student discount offer)
- if you are a representative of a partner institution you can apply for a discount. more in Partnership Program
- participants will be tested for COVID-19 and medically tested upon arrival
- you may be asked to change your diet habits for the mission - your diet will be consulted with you
- your communication with close ones and colleagues will be limited to emails and telecoms - phones are not allowed during the mission
- during isolation you will be provided with a research schedule of the day - there is a free-time when you can attend your personal matters
- during isolation mission 1-2 hours of sports daily are mandatory
- We do not select people with any kind of phobias (i.e. claustrophobia etc.)
- Your application will be considered individually based on the current situation regarding Covid-19 pandemic in your country
- Due to the fact that the mission can be canceled because of the Covid-19 restrictions or participants short notice resignation, participants might need to change the dates of the flights and travel logistics. LunAres is not responsible for those expenses. It is recommended for the participants to purchase travel insurance which allows for travel cancelling or dates change.
- Participants requiring visa are asked to review the visa application process before confirming the participation. The visa should be granted at least 3 weeks before the mission
!!!PANDEMIC TRAVEL RESTRICTION NOTICE!!!
- age: 21-65 years
- proficiency in english - near fluent
- at least bachelor’s with experience
Participation offer and costs:
Participation in a mission costs 2200 euro and includes:
- 2 weeks analog mission experience in the LunAres Research Station
- access to LunAres infrastructure and equipment during the mission
- possibility of conducting personal research (consulted with LunAres Team)
- access to LunAres mission data (consulted with LunAres Team)
- remote Mission Control support and management
- access to LunAres Community Discord Server
- 2 weeks accommodation at LunAres during the mission
- 2 weeks freezed-dried food diet prepared in consultation with dietitians
- 2-4 days pre-flight training (LunAres infrastructure maintenance and operation, mission architecture, emergency, research and experiments)
- Covid-19 test before the mission and after (if needed for foreign participants) - it concerns only the tests done in Poland. A test to get onboard the LunAres and a test after the mission for the travel. - this point can change depending on the current restrictions
- basic medical tests before the mission
- Mission outfit
- Mission worksuit
- Mission hoodie
- 2x mission patch
- 2x LunAres patch
- 2x name tag
- 2x nationality flag
- 2x mission role tag
Lunares Partnership Programm:
Your institution can join our Partnership Program and join our research network. For first-time-partners, we propose a collaboration that is the risk-free and cost-effective way of starting working together. The collaboration in organizing a particular mission translates to:
- one sponsored crewmember or reduced price for a group of participants,
- partners proposals for experiments and studies for a string of missions,
- mutual promotion on social-media as LunAres partner.
Further collaboration can expand in scope and forms. We are interested in a long-term collaboration that may result in research funding opportunities and integration of international efforts in analog studies. Let’s work together.
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org